#2K at Rosetta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2K at Rosetta!

It took a while, crunching on my own, but Matrox Users (I have no such equipment in use anymore) reached #2,000 and are climbing!

On Rosetta: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Way to go, Matrox Users...euhm... I mean "Matrox User".... euhm... I mean Umfriend...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

LOL.

It'd be nice if it were more than just me though and this project at least really makes sense (to me at least).
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Dang! The Northwest Technical Institute is hot on my tail, I can't keep them at bay on my own...

Comment

So, #1501 as we speak. No thanks to y'all

Comment

Just added my file server to your team.

Athlon X2 3800
            2.5GB Ram DDR400

It<s not much but it will be running 24/7 so long as my house doesn't lose power or the internet drops.

Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Welcome! Much apreciated indeed. Got my Celeron 530 based server churning away as well and there's nothing like reliable 24/7 creditcrunchers.

Comment

And we broke #1100!!!

Comment

I can probably get an XP200+ up and running tonight or tomorrow, just need to setup my switch, swap a graphics card, install an OS (probably a Linux distro) and voila.

Comment

That's the way, aha aha

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                      That's the way, aha aha
                      Oops I meant an Xp2400+, 1Gb Ram running Linux Mint 13.
                      It's currently installing, I wanted to setup a Raid 0 array but for some reason it caused problems, so put in just one hard drive and slapped on my fav linux distro.

Comment

usually linux distro's have an "alternate" installation ISO for RAID installation(server/enterprise version maybe)... I don't know about mint spicificaly thought

Comment

B'ah setting up a raid array in Linux was too much trouble.

Had to reseat the heatsink, re-spread some thermal paste cause the cpu was overheating, and had to upgrade the video card cause the one that I put in kept crashing the system and now it runs really fast, but still not up and running yet, intalling Linux Mint 13 Debian, my even more fav Linux distro.

Hopefully it'll work this time.

Comment

Zokes, it seems you also have a PowerMac running Darwin 8.11.0??

Comment

Yes but it doesnèt seem to want to download a project or calculate anything.
                              Itès turned off most of the times.

For my XP2400, I think the problem was only a badly seated heatsink. Ièm going to put the other video card back in cause it generates less heat and uses less power, slap on the raid array once again and go for XP cause it's so much easier setting up a raid, I can just slipstream the raid drivers and make a new os disc.

Still not up and running, jeez.

Comment

Working...
                              X