Millennium and Dual monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium and Dual monitors

Yesterday I bourght a Nvidia Gforce with DDR ram as repacement for my "not fast enough" Millennium-Voodoo 2 SLI combination. Man, what a disappointment the 2D res was (I run 1600x1200 small font on a Viewsonic P815) but Quake 3 was as expected great.

So what I want some help with is running the still supperior 4 year old Millennium for 2D and the G-force for 3D.

Was I a nut not buying a Max instead of the G-force - or is the Max as fast?

Any throughts would be appreciated

Louis

There is a great deal of variation in quality amongst all of the nvidia based graphics cards out there. They also seem to be much more vulnerable to noise interference and noisy power lines than Matrox cards. Which brand of geforce card did you get? Is your monitor and pc hooked into the same power strip?

I do not think that it is possible to have the milI for 2d and geforce for 3d. You might could try going into the bios and setting the "pci" as the initial graphics device. That might make it pick up the milI for 2d, but I dunno how to get the geforce to be picked up for 3d. And without a pass through mechanism ala voodoo/voodoo2, well, you get the picture.

With the most recent batch of drivers from nvidia, the min fps of 3d games finally gets up to comparable with the g400max. However, the geforce has an advantage with the max fps. Beyond that, it is just a question of what you want. geforce has s3tc, t&l, where the g400 has embm, etc, etc. The g400 definitely has much better looking video quality in 2d & 3d.

Comment

Working...
    X