X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chuck Norris bridge

Link....

(Reuters) Slovaks vote to name bridge Chuck Norris

US action film star leads the running in public vote for name of bridge to cross Morava river into Austria

Slovaks have been voting overwhelmingly in favour of naming a new pedestrian and cycling bridge near their capital after 1980s US action film and TV star Chuck Norris.

The two other top names in the running for the bridge, which will span the Morava river and cross the border to Austria, were Maria Theresa after an Austro-Hungarian empress and the Devinska cycling bridge in honour of the closest village.

Norris, a martial arts expert-turned film star, is known for playing tough guy characters in such movies as Lone Wolf McQuade, Missing in Action and The Delta Force.

The actor's work has become a popular source of kitschy fun among Slovaks and a mainstay for local jokes about macho strength and invincibility.

The final decision will be up to a regional assembly. But regional governor Pavol Freso has said it would follow the wishes of the people in the internet ballot where Norris leads as the top choice for the bridge's name.

"The same way as we have so far been building it in full sight of the public, we will seek that the name is accepted by the public as well," he said.
    The voting will run until April. As of Thursday, 1,157 votes have backed Norris, 74% of the total, leaving the runner-up "Maria Theresa Bridge" far behind with 8%.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nobody can cross the Chuck Norris bridge. The Chuck Norris bridge round house kicks people to the other side.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

What happens when Chuck Norris goes in overdraft on his bank account.
      - Bank calls him and apologizes.

Comment

After a string of grizzly deaths a street in Texas had to be renamed...

Because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives.

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The one that I still think is the best goes something like "Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice."
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
            Nobody can cross the Chuck Norris bridge. The Chuck Norris bridge round house kicks people to the other side.
            Continuing this...

Boats don't go under the Chuck Norris bridge. The Chuck Norris bridge swallows and then spits them out.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

One of my buddies came up with these:

Trolls are already signing up NOT to be assigned to the Chuck Norris bridge

Local governments are planning to place cemeteries at both ends of the bridge because no one crosses Chuck Norris and lives.

Chuck Norris was onsite for the ground breaking ceremony. The bridge length had to be doubled as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                Chuck Norris was onsite for the ground breaking ceremony. The bridge length had to be doubled as a result.
                My mind went straight into the gutter with this one... The bridge can't be shorter than the man

Comment

Chuck Norris went walking in public with an erection: there were no survivors.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
                    My mind went straight into the gutter with this one... The bridge can't be shorter than the man
                    LOL... never thought of it that way. "ground breaking", as in widening the chasm, I think is more what the line is about.

The other way is pretty funny too.

Comment

Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Comment

There's some other good ones on there too.

Comment

Working...
                          X