My name is Mr Ibrahim Moussim,personal aide to Mrs Safia Gaddafi ,wife
    to the late Present of Libya , Muammar Gaddafi who died on the 20th
    October 2011 . l am contacting you in view of the fact that we will be
    of great assistance to each other likewise developing a cordial
    relationship.We have funds to the sum of US$130M with security firms
    abroad. These funds are in cash and we intend to use them for
    investment. This money came as a payback contract deal between the late
    Gaddafi and a Russian Firm on our countries multi-billion dollars oil
    project of which my boss happens to be the signatory to this lodgments.

Due to the current situation concerning the death of Gaddafi and the
    government's attitude towards the family and also the fact that the present government has intensified their search for the late Gaddafi family funds, it has become quite impossible for my madam to make use of this money which is why we have decided to email you

Thusl shall expect you to contact me urgently to enable us discuss
    in detail about this transaction. Bearing in mind that your assistance
    is needed to move this funds and also handle the investment, l propose
    a percentage of 20% of the total sum to you for the expected service .
    l must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost
    indulgence to keep this matter extraordinarily confidential whatever
    your decision while await your prompt response.

Best Regards.
    Mr Ibrahim Moussim.
    And now another from Nigeria

I am Miss Elizabeth Umeze. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria.

I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and certificate but the fund has not been release to you.

The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you. Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian.

The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you.

If you are interested. Do get in touch with me immediately, You should send to me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake.for phone converstion,please call me on +2348155605982.

Regards,

Miss Elizabeth Umeze
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Yep they look pretty genuine to me especially if they have a Hotmail or Yahoomail return address..
    paulw

Comment

+1 for the movie reference
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Ask Miss Umeze for a photo before giving your go-ahead. She may be as ugly as sin!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          Ask Miss Umeze for a photo before giving your go-ahead. She may be as ugly as sin!
          hehe, I'm not going to answer any of these mails

and I got another one:

Greetings to you,

I am aware of the unsafe nature of the internet,I was compelled to use this medium due to the nature of this project.Permit me however I am a project coordinator with an oil & Gas consortium

I have access to very vital information that can be used to transfer a huge amount of money from an Oil & Gas project account to a secured account .I need a trustworthy seasoned businessperson to work with me as the foreign partner in the actualization of this project.

It is economically viable and financially profitable Full details /modalities will be disclosed on your expression of Interest to partner with me. I am open for negotiation

Thanks for your anticipated corporation.

Regards,
          J kucera .

NB: The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. ... Vince Lombardi.
          Could it be that...I'm big in Nigeria?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I once saw a documentary about an organisation that answers those things. Their whole aim is to waste the scammers' time, so they have less time to contact more people. They even go as far as set up meetings with them and so on. The guys doing it were kept anonymous, as it can get quite dangerous if you start going that far.
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Irony Alert

A BRISBANE woman fleeced Nigerian scam artists by stealing more than $30,000 from their internet car sales racket, a court has been told. Sarah Jane Cochrane-Ramsey, 23, was employed by the Nigerians as an "agent" in March 2010 but was unaware they were scam artists, the Brisbane District Court heard today.

Her job was to provide an Australian bank account through which they could funnel any payments they received through their dodgy account on a popular car sales website.

Cochrane-Ramsey was to keep eight per cent of all money paid into her account and forward the rest to the Nigerian scammers.

However, the court heard she kept the two payments she received - totalling $33,350 - and spent most of it on herself.

The car buyers who were ripped off reported the matter to police, who traced the account to Cochrane-Ramsey.

Police inquiries found her employers were based in Nigeria but had been using a web server in New York to run their dodgy car sales listings.

Cochrane-Ramsey pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated fraud on Thursday.

Judge Terry Martin described her as having a "dishonest bent" after hearing she had a history of stealing and property offences.

He adjourned the sentence to allow her time to provide further details of money she claimed was in a bank account that would allow her to make some repayments.

Cochrane-Ramsey will be sentenced next month.

She was allowed bail until then.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

who would have thought that, nigerian scammers scammed

Comment

Wtf?!?!??

Not to clutter up the lounge with new threads and it kinda is related.

I got a mail that is in the real WTF territory:

Attn: Friend

Sometimes, I do wonder if you are really, really with your senses. How Could you keep trusting people and at the end you will loose your hard Earned money,or are you

being deceived by their big names? They Impersonate on many offices, claiming to be Governors, Directors/Chairmen of one Office or the other.Their game plan is only

just to extort your hard Earned money. Now, the question is how long you will continue to be Deceived? Sometimes, they will issue you fake check, introduce you to fake

Diplomatic delivery, un-existing on-line banking and they will also fake wire transfer of Your fund with Payment Stop Order.

Anyway, by the virtue of my position I have been following this Transaction from inception and all your efforts towards realizing the Fund. More often than not, I sit

down and laugh at your ignorance and That of those who claim they are assisting you, it is very unfortunate That at the end you loose. Although, I don't blame you

because you are Not here in Nigeria to witness the processing of your payment in Nigeria.The problem you are having is that you been told the whole truth About this

transaction and it is because of this truth they decided to Be extorting your money. The most annoying part is even fraudsters Have really taken advantage of this

opportunity to enrich them selves At your expense. Those you feel are assisting or working for you are Your main problems. I know the truth surrounding this payment

and I am The only person who will deliver you from this long suffering if you will abide by my advice.

I also know that recently you have been dealing with people claiming to be the EFCC. They claim that they are helping you and you forward all the fraudulent e-mails

you receive to them. At the end they do nothing about the fraudsters. Soon they will ask you to pay money to receive a compensation payment. Do not pay any money to

them because they are only interested in your hard earned money and you will never receive any compensation in return, they will always keep coming back to ask for

more money.

Note you are only expected to make a payment of $385 for the NON-RESIDENTIAL TAX CLEARANCE, Do be informed that the NON-RESIDENTIAL TAX CLEARANCE, is an Amount that

you have to pay to enable the Bank effect the Transfer Fund, The NON-RESIDENTIAL TAX CLEARANCE is needed for the Transfer of funds to from the Local Banks here to

Foreign Bank Accounts abroad.

Please I beseech you to stop pursuit of shadows and being Deceived.Feel free to contact me immediately you receive this mail so that I can Explain to you the modus-

operandi guiding the release of your Payment. Do not panic, be rest assured that this arrangement will be Guided by your Embassy here in Nigeria.

N/B: You are urgently requested to provide me with the following information
                  Full Name
                  Address
                  Occupation

Contact me upon the receipt of this mail if you wish to receive your fund and stop wasting your hard earn money.

Thanks and remain blessed.

Yours faithfully,
                  this makes me wonder, it starts off with insulting me continues to confuse me and then it asks me to supply it with ammunition to send more shit....

And the scary thing is that there are morons who would answer it with the wanted info....

Comment

Working...
                  X