TH2GO analog + windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH2GO analog + windows 7

So, I havent been on here in years... if anyone remembers me, HI!!! I am back with a silly problem... I have been using CRTS with my th2go for YEARS.. today they had a sale on some lcds and I decided to take the plunge. I picked up 3 monitors, 1440x900 resolution...

welll.. guess what, apparently the analog edition canNOT support that across 3 screens ( 4320x900 ) ok fair enough.. then I thought I could use the TH2GO to run dual monitor, while I use the extra video card port for the third screen... well turns out there IS no expander tool for windows 7 !!!.. so now I am stuck with 3 nice screens with terrible resolution.. and killing my eyes typing this out.

so has anyone found any fixes for this ? any DLL hacks or anything like back in the day ? or am I going to have to junk this box just because of a simple incompatibility issue or lack of software....
    SaTaN^666

What res were the CRT's you had on the th2go box before the LCD's ?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Welcome back, don;t leave and churn some DC!

Seriously though, I do not know what you are lookin for. I can run three screens from two cards easily in W7 but perhaps it's about gaming/merging into one virtual screen? What cards do you have?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I was running 1280x1024 on each of the crts.
        my current videocard is a nvidia 580 OC
        what I dont understand is that when I had xp, that expander module would allow me to run 3 OR 2 screens.... yet now with windows 7 when I install that expander module, nothing changes. I am only able to get the 3 screen option. I was going to try using the th2go for 2 screens while using the other output on the video card for the third.
        SaTaN^666

Comment

I trust you already found this link?
          http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...er-resolutions!
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

wow, no I did not come across that. that's pathetic. I can understand the Analog version cant handle the bandwidth for those high resolutions.. but I simply cant understand how there is no mode expander to at least allow me to have 2 screen outputs through the box in win7.

Well thank you guys!... guess i have to dish out another $300 for a digital version... Ive dished out almost $600 in the past few weeks just switching over to windows 7 due to incompatibility issues.
            SaTaN^666

Comment

Didn't Ati with 3-head kind of kill need for 3H2GO?

Comment

I *think* W7, like earlier versions, might allow you to run it in a compatibility mode? I'm not hopefull but who knows?

Comment

Tried it. no work -.-. I tried installing under compatibility mode ( both the drivers and the expander ) and then tried running the utility under compat mode. still no luck.
                  SaTaN^666

Comment

That is a shame. I have no other suggestions I'm afraid. What do you use three screens for and why would you persist in TH2GO solutions? You know chances are that with the next windows you'll lack support there as well. Certain AMD cards can run three (and more) screens at good res. My only issue is the way windows maximize that I can not control as I like (which I could back in the day with matrox and, uhm, Appian?).

Comment

auto cad drafting, solid works, etc.. but my main reason for the th2go was wide screen gaming.. ive been doing tripleheads since the first parhelia video cards release. and was so content when they finally released this th2go thing because I thought ( man this will last me forever and not have to worry about swapping video cards and losing my 3 screens ) parhelia was the only card able to run games across 3 screens at the time. I'm aware that ATI has a tri-mon video card now, but frankly I think they are doing it all wrong and for the money. matrox did it right the first time, without the need of special cables and what not.

oh well I guess I will be on the lookout for the digital version.. I am not going back to 2 or even 1 monitor. this is such a convenience work projects and work, not to mention the fun in gaming.. going back to 2 or 1 screen for me is like going back to the stone age lol..

tnx everyone I appreciate the help.
                      SaTaN^666

Comment

Originally posted by SaTaN^666 View Post
                        tnx everyone I appreciate the help.
                        Lot of good it did you . No worries.

In any case, one thing is bugging me to the extreme: I have three screens. If I have an application, say Excel, in screens 2 and 3 and I press the maximise button it'll maximise to one of the two screens only. I need it to maximise over the screens where it is present when I pressed the maximise button.

How do I get this behaviour?

Comment

I am pretty sure you can do that in the matrox powerdesk software. when you open it, click on ( desktop management ) there should be an option in there where if you hold a certain key on the keyboard, and click maximize, itll go across all 3. if not, try the nvidia drivers, there is another desktop management there somewhere where it will let you do the same thing.
                          SaTaN^666

Comment

What about following workaround:

use win + arrow (assuming Win7) so that app goes to right half of middle monitor. Then manually resize left border to the left end of left monitor.

Then ctrl+click close window so that Windows remembers to pop excel across left and center monitor next time. I used to do this with AutoCAD when I was rocking 3 screens. Only I stretched it manually since there was no Win+arrow shortcut then.

I also wrote to Matrox and demanded this functionality in Powerdesk then.

Comment

What about this solution ?

Sapphire VID-2X offers you a new way to utilize multiple displays without needing a graphics card capable of powering a resolution of 3840x1200. It can both clone and stretch your desktop and is Plug & Play with no software or drivers to install, simply plug it into a dual link DVI port and it is ready to go. At an MSRP of $180 it is less expensive than an SLI or CrossFire solution though it is limited in performance by your GPU. You might be able to stretch your game across three monitors but you might find performance suffers somewhat. Instead you can consider this a way to get multiple monitors from a single NVIDIA GPU or a way to avoid an active DisplayPort adapter for a Radeon card. HiTech Legion has several videos of the VID-2X in action which you should check out.

Comment

Working...
                              X