Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaking Hitchcock

/sigh/

Looks like Hollywood has Hitchcock on the brain. Just days after DreamWorks and Working Title announced a remake of Hitch's only Best Picture winner, Rebecca, Variety reports that Paramount is getting in on the action with another remake from the Master of Suspense: his 1941 film, Suspicion. AMC's "The Killing" series writer, Veena Sud, is

Looks like Hollywood has Hitchcock on the brain. Just days after DreamWorks and Working Title announced a remake of Hitch's only Best Picture winner, Rebecca, Variety reports that Paramount is getting in on the action with another remake from the Master of Suspense: his 1941 film, Suspicion. AMC's "The Killing" series writer, Veena Sud, is offering her writing talents to the big screen adaptation, which is based on Frances Iles' 1932 novel Before the Fact. The original movie centered around a young woman who suspects her new husband is trying to kill her in order to gain money from her wealthy family.

The film starred Joan Fontaine and Hitchcock staple Cary Grant, and was the only movie Hitchcock directed that featured an Academy Award-winning performance (Best Actress went to Fontaine). Suspicion will be the first feature screenplay for Sud, who is also an executive producer and showrunner on "The Killing." The show didn't make fans happy with the way the first season ended, but Sud has promised some answers for anyone who decides to stick it out for Season 2, which begins April 1st. Hitchcock's body of work is so legendary, it's easy to see why some would be up in arms about this recent string of remake announcements. But a good story is just that, and I don't see any reason why we can't have multiple adaptations.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

How can you improve on perfection? Besides which, Hitch can hardly make any cameo appearances now!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
      How can you improve on perfection? Besides which, Hitch can hardly make any cameo appearances now!
      You can't, and cameos are now the provice of Marvel's Stan Lee (though he's not a director.)
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Tarantino does cameos though a bit differently than Hitchcock.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          Sure he can... Digitally
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X