• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods and Kings (2014)

Gods and Kings

Date: 2014

Studio: Warner Brothers

Director: Steven Spielberg

Producer: Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes series, The Departed, Terminator: Salvation)

Writing: Michael Green (Jack & Bobby, Heroes, Everwood, Smallville); Stuart Hazeldine (Riverworld, coming: Paradise Lost)

Synopsis: The life story of Moses from his youth to his days of historical and biblical importance.

Cast - TBD

Link....

>
    With a working title of Gods And Kings, what’s envisioned is “a movie like a Braveheart-ish version of the Moses story,” an insider tells us. “Him coming down the river, being adopted, leaving his home, forming an army, and getting the Ten Commandments.” And despite the awesome screen possibilities of the parting of the Red Sea, the movie isn’t being contemplated in 3D. Back in 1956, Paramount released The Ten Commandments in VistaVision to give moviegoers a more spectacular experience of scenes like that. But this film is as far from a remake of the Cecile B. DeMille-directed epic as you can get even though they cover similar ground. Instead Warner Bros wants Spielberg to direct it with the gritty reality of Saving Private Ryan, which is considered a masterpiece redefining battle movies. ”There have been glossy versions of the Moses story but this would be a real warrior story,” an insider tells us.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

We already have the 10 commandments and it's many iterations.

Ok maybe this time, the effects of parting the Red Sea would be spectacular and actors forgetting they were wearing their watches would be reduced to none LOL

Comment

Or - how about following the archaeology and showing it happening at the Sea of Reeds near Lake Timsah, not the Red Sea which was probably a mistranslation.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 January 2012, 21:15.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X