On this day 1 year ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this day 1 year ago...

On this day 1 year ago I self employed. I lost job in September 2010 and while at best experience and most connections I still only got one job interview in 3 months.

Things looked a bit hopeless. In country unemployed and bankruptcies are on the rise and just recently we had 2 negative quarters and are without functioning government for 6 months. I had a loan.

So far so good, for the past year I earned slightly higher salary in my own company than in the previous job and national average and I'm solvent, which in these times in this country is a good thing.

Revenue was about 23k annually, not that much for USA or the rest of EU, but not bad for 1st year. And nothing beats the freedom of being able to do what you want to do, when you want, no boss to nag you. Right now some employer would have to offer substantially more than what I earn for me to consider becoming subordinate again.

Congrats! What business do you run?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

IT support and consulting for small businesses.

Comment

Congratulations!
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Remember that starting a business that thrives in bad times means rhat it can only get better!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What Brian said. You should do well.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

+2 on what Brian said!!

Congrats, and best wishes for your endeavor!
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Congtaulations dude. CEO

Good job, well done. I may end up following in your footsteps.
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                X