No announcement yet.

New BP6 w/ dual Celery 400s PROBLEM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BP6 w/ dual Celery 400s PROBLEM!!!

i just got a BP6 w/ 2 Celery 400s yesterday, and when i boot into windows 98, everything is fine (i know it doesn't support SMP), but then when it is installing the new devices (i.e. IDE controller, system devices, etc.), i get the blue screen of death which says there is an error in IDEVSD(01) with some other crap, then my computer locks up alltogether. i'm still using the standard BIOS. would upgrading it help?

now, for the Windows 2000 Pro problems...
    whenever i try to boot into Win2k Pro (was installed before the upgrade), i get half way through the booting process and then a blue screen saying INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE... what's up with this crap?!

i'm using a G400 AGP 32-mb Dual-Head (SGRAM, not SD... i checked) NON-MAX, with no other cards in the system for troubleshooting. i can boot into safe mode, however. i'm using a WD Expert 20.5 GB HDD, Kenwood TrueX 52X CD-ROM (IDE), Sony CRX100E/CH (IDE) burner, and an LS-120. i've set the BIOS to the defaults, tweaked it, and everything. below are my system specs before the upgrade. thanks!

------------------
    -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
    anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
    AMD K6-III 400 at 120 x 4.5 at 2.6V (540 MHz)
    Asus P5A
    128 MB of PC133 SD-RAM (Athlon-grade)
    Matrox G400 AGP 32MB Dual-Head
    Diamond Monster Sound MX300
    3Com 3C905C PCI w/ WOL
    CPU is water cooled w/ a 74-watt 40mm peltier

the aXion gaming network

anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
    Dual Celeron 400s (week 52 i think) @ 588 @ 2.05v (air-cooled, no peltiers)
    Abit BP6 (w/ QQ BIOS and HPT366 1.22 BIOS)
    3Com 3C905C PCI w/ WOL
    Western Digital Expert 20.5 GB ATA/66 7200 RPM drive

the aXion gaming network

In my experience, the BP6 is an extremely finickey beast with w9X.

What ide controller is your hard disk on? Your cdrom?

It really did not like having my cdrom on the udma66 bus, but it did not have any problem with the regular ide bus.

W9X always had major cows insalling my sound card. I had to boot into safe mode, delete the device for my sound card (tried both a SB-Live and a SB/Ensoniq AudioPCI), boot back into regular windows, and then run Creative's SB setup program.

I don't know anything about w2k, though.

Comment

my HDD is on the Ultra ATA/66 controller, and my CD-ROM is on the normal IDE (primary master) with no slave. my HDD is in a single drive setting. i have my CD-RW on the secondary controller as master, and my LS-120 as slave. i can't get into windows to install the new driver!!! it says it fixes this.
      anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
      Dual Celeron 400s (week 52 i think) @ 588 @ 2.05v (air-cooled, no peltiers)
      Abit BP6 (w/ QQ BIOS and HPT366 1.22 BIOS)
      3Com 3C905C PCI w/ WOL
      Western Digital Expert 20.5 GB ATA/66 7200 RPM drive

the aXion gaming network

Comment

Okay, Anthrax, here's what you need to do: Move all of your devices off of the ATA66 controller, put the necessary ones on your ATA33 controller, setup your drives in your bios, then Boot up with a bootable floppy, go into your windows system directory and delete hpt366.inf, hpt366.mpd, and hptpwr.vxd, reboot your machine, and when it asks for the highpoint controller drivers, hit cancel, let windows finish setting up. After you have rebooted about 3 times (or whenever windows is completely set up), then you don't need to hit cancel anymore, just put your High Point Drivers floppy into the floppy drive, and install the drivers, then you can reboot and make sure there are no errors, then do the same thing for win2k, only difference is that you will be looking for files hpt366.* and delete all of them.

Rags

Comment

Working...
        X