My tumor did it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tumor did it!!

It's possible, but extremely unlikely....

A state assemblywoman accused of shoplifting in San Francisco pleaded no contest Friday to a misdemeanor charge and her attorney said a benign brain tumor might have led to the incident.

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A state assemblywoman accused of shoplifting at a Neiman Marcus store in San Francisco’s Union Square pleaded no contest Friday to a misdemeanor charge and her attorney said a benign brain tumor might have led to the incident.

Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi, D-Hayward, initially pleaded not guilty to a felony grand theft charge after her arrest on Oct. 25 at the store at 150 Stockton St. and was released on $15,000 bail.

A security guard had stopped Hayashi with items worth $2,445 that she had not paid for, according to prosecutors.

Hayashi, 45, appeared in court Friday afternoon and changed her plea after the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor.

Judge Gerardo Sandoval immediately sentenced Hayashi to three years of unsupervised court probation and ordered her to stay 50 feet away from the Neiman Marcus store. She was also ordered to pay $180 in fines and fees, which she promptly did after leaving court.

Hayashi, who was wearing a pair of cheetah-print high heels, a green jacket and black slacks and had a black Chanel purse slung over her shoulder, declined to speak to reporters following the hearing.
    >
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

hmmm, one of the crooks just made their activity visible. Nothing new for politicians. Some are just a bit less obvious about it.

Comment

Working...
    X