RIP "Cheetah" @80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP "Cheetah" @80

Cheetah, the chimp sidekick in the Johnny Weismuller/Maureen O'Hara Tarzan films, has died at the age of 80.

Cheetah the chimpanzee, who acted in Tarzan films in the 1930s, has died aged 80 in Florida, his primate sanctuary says.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 December 2011, 18:51.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Good old cheetah, haven't seen one of the weissmuller tarzan films in a long while.
    May he rest in peace.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I was stunned when I found out not that long ago that he was even still alive. 80 is damned old for a chimp, even a captive one living in relative luxury.

Comment

80 is old enough to make it highly unlikely that the just deceased chimp is actually the former sidekick of Weismuller. RIP anyway, John Doe.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X