RRG + G200 + parallel = misery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRG + G200 + parallel = misery

I have a major pain in the butt problem I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

I have a PII400, 128mbram, with a G200 and a rainbow runner G series card. Since day one (about three years ago) I have had problems with this card/combination.

To cut a very long story short(ish) the matrox software often complains about therer being a video capture card "already installed" when I try to use the RRG for anything (capture, tv etc). Through trial and error, it seems that the cause of the problem is the parallel port. In an ideal situation, I am able to capture video/watch tv if i power off the computer, remove all parallel devices and restart the computer. If i want to use parallel devices, I need to power off the computer again, and plug them in! Then of course, the RRG doesn't work again.

I was only able to get to this situation by removing ALL of my internal cards EXCEPT the g200 and RRG, booting up, and getting the card detected. I could then replace all the other cards, and I was able to use the RRG with the parallel unplugging technique.

The real bummer is that every time I reinstall or upgrade my OS (i just installed win2k), I have to do this all again (take out all the cards etc)!!

I have tried every combination of drivers, card positions in slots, resolutions and colour depths. And to be honest I am really sick to death of it.

PLEASE can anyone help? Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?? When it works the RRG is a fantastic card, so i'd hate to throw it away, but it more than anything else on my computer has caused me so much mysery....

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Can someone help me with this please?

Neil

Comment

Working...
    X