Our old buddy, Joel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our old buddy, Joel

Remeber Joel, the one-time Matrox BetaBoy way back when?

I thought I'd try to look him up, as I haven't heard from him in ages.

Looks like nobody will be hearing from him any time soon.

Earlier this year he was sent to federal prison with a 12 year sentence for distributing massive amounts of child pron!

(the 2nd and 3rd link have pics of him, so I know it's the same guy...)

At the sentencing hearing, the court found that Gilchrist had possessed, and in some cases distributed, over 46,000 images and 1,700 videos depicting the sexual exploitation of a child, including some depicting sadistic or masochistic acts.

Makes my skin crawl to think he was a guest in my home for a couple of our LAN party weekends...
    Last edited by Kruzin; 14 December 2011, 23:31.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Joel? As in the Libertarian Mod we had here with the dragon or somesort as an avatar?

Edit: Ah, indeed. Pity. Liked the guy. But yeah, that seems creepy indeed. Wonder how KvH is doing.
    Last edited by Umfriend; 15 December 2011, 00:07.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yea, his avatar was a dragon, and in most games we played he used the handle "Dragon"...which he apparently used in other places too, as it's mentioned in some of the articles I found...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Come to think of it, I am pretty sure I hade a debate or two with him on gay marriage.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Gawd - creepy

Kinda liked him - but I have a real big problem with pedos, especially after what I've seen in the in the ER over the years.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            I have a real big problem with pedos,
            I would have thought you were too old to have such a problem
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Not a joking matter. Here saying you have "a real big problem with pedos" means you'd like to set up a firing squad.

In the Federal system you have to serve a minimum of 90% of your sentence to be eligible for parole, so with a 144 month sentence he'll be in 129.6 months before he can even be considered.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 December 2011, 03:08.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Creepy... Well... Good thing they caught him!

@DrMordrid: firing squad would be too fast... much too fast...
                (but I get Brian's joke)

Such offenders always reminds me of the closing lines of the movie 8mm, when Nicolas Cage sees the criminal's face for the first time, and he looks just like a normal guy. And the guy says: "what did you expect? a monster?"
                It would be so much easier if you could see it from their faces or behaviour, but unfortunately, you can't...
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Not a firing squad, a pair of hedge clippers would be my choice!

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

@Dr : You shouldn't have abbreviated. There is no shame to write Pedophile in its entirety. This is of course no laughing matter.
                    Just goes to show that online, or even offline, you don't really know who people are.
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Well - "pedo" is a local colloqualism. Sorry.

Re: firing squad

Nothing says you have to aim for lethal zones the first volley. Work your way up: feet, ankles, knees, balls.... Help Federal, Winchester & Remington up their stock prices before getting serious
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Definitely qualifies as Weird News of the Day for me.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

This is too freakin' ironic. This is the jerk I had problems with when I made an innocent little pun about storing petabytes in petafiles. Read his comments here when I questioned the deletion of the thread.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'll bet he thinks making jokes about pedophiles is even less funny now than he did then.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'm just glad that when we did our LAN partys, the actual location we set up at was at a friend's house (who has no kids), and on weekends my kids where at their mom's house, so he had no contact with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X