Blue Christmas: must see!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Christmas: must see!

Have a look at this of Elvis singing (rather badly for him)
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now look at this version of the same song
    Elvis Presley & Martina McBride performing "Blue Christmas"Listen to Elvis Presley: https://Elvis.lnk.to/_listenYDSubscribe to the official Elvis Presley You...

This is an absolutely stupendous job of video and audio editing. If you didn't know that the gal was hardly born when Elvis recorded it, I challenge anyone to find any traces of the editing in of her. Shows what can be done with professional resources. I certainly would not like to try doing something like that with my Magix Video Pro X3, although I don't say it would be impossible if I had the original video and audio tapes.

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Technically things like this are always interesting. But current singers inserting themselves into an earlier (deceased) artist's videos seem to me cheesy at best, and just a little ghoulish.

(I'll cut Natalie Cole some slack for wanting to do "duets" with her father Nat. But that's about it.)

Comment

Very well done. Reminds me of Hank Williams, Jr. singing with his late father in a video for "There's a Tear in My Beer", or Natalie Cole with the ones she did for covers of her father's songs. Editing of this nature has sure come a long way.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
      X