Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a cheap tablet?

Hi

Wifey likes the format of my iPad2 and so wants a tablet device herself.

We don't want to pay £Hundreds, certainly under £200. Apart from that the only real spec is over 7" in size and wifi. There seem to be a million Android devices out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that won't feel too frustrating/unusable alongside an iPad2?

TIA

T.
    FT.

I think this is a good list:

I'm guessing that Archos has about the cheapest ones, but they cannot access Android Market (normally , which my limit the apps you can find for it).

I've read the Kindle Fire is getting gaining a lot of popularity..
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Anything running Android is going to feel less frustrating and unusable than an iPad.

Get a nice Android tablet, like a Galaxy for example, and trade her.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'd go with Samsung Galaxy Tab or Kindle Fire.
        I would lean very slightly to the Kindle Fire.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Trouble is, apart from the Archos idea, those suggestions are expensive or not available in the uk yet
          FT.

Comment

Doesn't Asus have competitive models? I also noticed an interesting model by Lenovo here (Poland) and an Acer...
            But the Archos really are the cheapest... just don't know how limited appslib is compared to android market (or how difficult it is to access market)
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

A timely review appearing on msn today:

FT.

Comment

I'm still struggling here.

She is wedded to the idea of a 10" so may for the Motorola Xoom (£295). I would rather we wait for the Kindle Fire but it is 7" and no guarantees of when we'll get it here.

Cheers

T.
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X