X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break out the bug spray!!

Link....

A Starship Troopers Remake Is in the Works

Break out the bug spray! Sony Pictures Ãœber-producer Neal Moritz has decided that the time has come to reboot Paul Verhoeven's 1997 fascist classic Starship Troopers. He has assigned the script to screenwriters Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz, who, among other things, wrote Thor and X-Men: First Class, as well as many episodes of the TV shows Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Fringe.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

The first part was exceptional.

Hope they don't make this one average.

Wasn't there a 2nd part which was sub par direct to video?

Comment

Maybe they will do the novel this time.

From wikipedia:
      Comparison with the novel

There are many differences between the original book and film; some of these include:
      • The novel features an all-male Mobile Infantry and very little actual combat is shown, while the film focuses on heavy action scenes and the love triangle with Johnny, Dizzy and Carmen. The romantic subplot does not appear in the novel; The Mobile Infantry is an all-male unit and the character of Dizzy Flores is a male trooper who dies in the first chapter.
      • The novel is told exclusively from Johnny's point of view describing his hero's journey from indifferent high school student (Appreciation of Television is listed on his transcript) to elite "cap trooper", and details the maturation process that entails. The film changes point-of-view focus between Johnny and Carmen (who in the novel never had any relationship beyond friendship).
      • The absence in the film of the "power armor" that was a central plot device in the novel, and had an entire chapter devoted to its description and use.
      A report in an American Cinematographer article states that the Heinlein novel was optioned well into the pre-production period of the film, which had a working title of Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine; most of the writing team reportedly were unaware of the novel at the time. According to the DVD commentary, Paul Verhoeven never finished reading the novel, claiming he read through the first few chapters and became both "bored and depressed."[3]
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
        The first part was exceptional.

Hope they don't make this one average.

Wasn't there a 2nd part which was sub par direct to video?
        I think there was a 3 as well.
        One of the sequels was horrendously bad, I think it was the 3, so bad I would not even recommend being close to a DVD of the film.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

There is a 4 in development.

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I remember this movie having one of the first ever internet tie ins....first form of viral marketing.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
            X