monitor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor question

I just bought an inexpensive 17"monitor (aoc spectrum 7Glr),seems really good in most respects,but I'm not sure about one thing.When I close a window,it sounds like a static discharge,like when you turn the monitor off then on,almost like a little crackle.I wonder if this is normal or not.Never happened with my 15"nec.I like everything else about it,nice antiglare ,antistatic glass,just not so sure about the sound....
    thanks,gobrob.

gobrob

my gues is that there is no problem, i suspect that by the time you read this that sound has gone away...it is probably just "settleing"...but in the event that it keeps doing it, you might have a bad tube.

i hope i'm wrong about that last part!

chucky

Comment

Hi gobrob ..
      I have an Acer 77c 17" monitor and a G200 8M, the same thing happens to me ..it happens when u close a window that's being opened for a long time .. a very small static discharge much less than when u turn on or off the monitor ..
      Don't think it's a real problem though.
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

yup-that's exactly the thing...It doesnt happen when you open and close quickly,but when a window has been open for like,,30 sec or longer.It's not a huge concern,just wondered if I got a bad monitor or not.Thanks.Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
        X