Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One very lucky chopper pilot

Here in NZ yesterday

Watch as a helicopter gets caught up in some cables while installing a Christmas tree.*Subscribe: http://bit.ly/abcWNNvideos

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    paulw

it pays to be good, but i'll take luck any day.

Now he just has to get back in and fly.....once he's cleared of PTSD.

The ground crew was even luckier.

Comment

OUCH!!

Lucky is right, but even luckier is that they weren't doing a power line repair
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't understand how anyone could've considered it a good idea to use a chopper in such close corners.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Very lucky indeed... but I agree with Umfriend... It looks like there wasn't much room (could be an illusion), but still...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Looks basically like they shouldn't have been using a helicopter for the job.
            Way too much risk of this sort of thing happening.
            Someone's gonna lose their job over this.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
            X