Listy do M. / Letters to St. Nicholas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listy do M. / Letters to St. Nicholas

One of best Christmas movies ever. Yes, it uses cliches but everyone is so real and it all leaves you a bit mushy and with Christmas spirit.

A romantic Christmas comedy, shot by Slovenian self-made director, Mitja Okorn.

Five stories of five women and men intertwine in Warsaw on 24 December. Different priorities, different lifestyles and different things they have lost in their lives. What they have in common is that they all wish for a change. How will each one of them spend Christmas and how it will affect their lives?

“Letters to St. Nicholas is a collection of stories with a romantic concept, but despite this well-known genre, I didn't want to make just another variation of the same old cliché "Let's all love each other just because it's Christmas." It's life's (un)usual mix of plain and sad, yet uncontrollable deep emotions of people who try to cope with them somehow, one way or another. I wanted to make a film about real people with real emotions in real stories on a wonderful, magical Christmas Day, which changes their lives forever. And I hope that I have succeeded.” (Mitja Okorn)

Saw this at film festival today, highly recommend.

My summary: Random people, a woman who does not want to spend Christmas alone, a boss of modelling agency who never introduces his girlfriend to his parents, a little girl on the run from orphanage, a radio host who has to work on Christmas eve, a dysfunctional family with wife who cheats and problematic teen daughter, a cold intellectual couple... They all have stories and their stories interact. Fast paced, real and wonderful.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 November 2011, 16:57.

Trailer:
    Materiał ten zawiera napisy mojego autorstwa. Rozpowszechnianie go bez mojej wiedzy i wyraźnej zgodny jest ZABRONIONE i skutkować będzie zgłoszeniem naruszen...

Comment

And if you are in for a totally different kind of Christmas movie (dark, Finnish humor), there is Rare Exports Inc.
      Parent waring: contains violent/disturbing scenes - the official video on youtube has age verification to check 18+. The ones linked below do not have this verification, nor do the ones on the official ones on the website linked above.

The two shorts on that website are also on youtube:
      1. Rare Exports Inc.
      2. The official safety instructions

Last year, they even made a full length movie.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X