Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A flying...what?!?

Don't look up

November 8, 2011. A sedated black rhino is carried by military helicopter away from a poaching area in the hills of the Eastern Cape in South Africa to a new home 15 miles away. The World Wildlife Fund organized the move of 1,000 rhinos, which are under threat from poachers across Africa because of the market value of their horns.
    http://lightbox.time.../#ixzz1deH2ihbo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 November 2011, 21:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I would poach the poachers if I were there! An animal should be subjected to transportation away from it's habitat because of them.

Comment

If rhinos might fly, I'd wear a very broad-rimmed hat!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        I would poach the poachers if I were there! An animal should be subjected to transportation away from it's habitat because of them.
        Problem is the habitat itself - simply way too huge and although the guys here sometimes get lucky and kill the SOBs, I have a feeling its a losing battle unless a drastic step like relocating the animals to a more manageable area is undertaken. Who knows what really is going on when even vets and supposed game wardens are in on the killing-off for money of these animals

See stats fot this year already ............... and that's only numbers of known kills
        Lawrence

Comment

Working...
        X