Gadaffi????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gadaffi????????????????

Various media are announcing his capture and/or death: no substantiation!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

looks like there may be something to it..Danish papers report him dead

Canadian papers that he may be killed
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

If he is dead, may he enjoy his 72 virgins!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Libyan National Transitional Council is confirming to the US State Dept. Reports are he took one in the leg and another behind the ear, dying in transport.

Sen. John McCain said in an interview Qaddafi was in a convoy trying to escape his hometown when a NATO air strike stopped it, then the Libyan rebels took over. There are other reports one of his sons was also killed.

What with Pan Am 103, the German night club bombing on US troops, and ordering a hit in the US on the son of Tripoli's ex-mayor, etc. we haveplenty of reasons to cheer. Good riddance.

Reuters....
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 October 2011, 08:29.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I heard it was one in each leg and one to the head. Personally I think he was executed, not a casualty of a fight. Either way, good riddance.

The irony of it all is, if he had given in to the Arab Spring movement and just given up power, taken a boatload of cash and taken an asylum deal in France or South America he could have lived out his life in luxury. I guess absolute power does corrupt absolutely.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Apparently he was captured alive with the leg wounds and killed a bit later. Below is a video of him being dragged from a truck. He's supposedly screaming "Don't shoot me!", whici is hilarious given how many people he had killed. It's also said he was found in a drain pipe near the convoy.

القذافي لحظة وقوعه كدجاجة بين براثن أسود مصراتة ، وقبل أن يموت متأثرا بجراحه .
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

He will be replaced by another dictator, who will be shot after 20 years in power, and so on

Comment

The "King of Africa" ended his life no better than a stray dog. How fitting.
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Heard on the radio this morning that the UN claims Gadaffi was beaten and executed by the mob that captured him. There have been talks of criminal charges for cruelty by the UN after the autopsy they performed today.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Good luck getting confirmable ID's on those present, much less extradition. Reports are his body is in a commercial freezer at a shopping center while they figure out where to bury him. Guess there's too high odds he'd be dug up & hung from a bridge.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2011, 09:48.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dr M - your last comment reminds me of something.

When 2 mercenaries were murdered in a similar way in Iraq, the US launched the bloodiest rampage in that war.

What will be the repercussions of the torture and killing of this man?

I doubt that anything will happen to the individual who pulled the trigger. However, it does not say much for the stability of the country post Gadaffi if that is allowed to go unpunished.

Its these hoods the west have installed.
                      RedRed

BTW
                      the story I read (and the video could corroborate it) was
                      He was wounded in one leg, before capture.

taken and beaten (and shot again) - to near death.

He was then shot 3 more times - twice in the chest, once in the head.
                      A bbc reporter at the refrigerated lorry in Misrata confirmed multiple bullet wounds in the chest and a shot to the head.

for some reason, the interim authorities claimed that he was shot by his own side when travelling in an ambulance was fired upon by his loyaists.

Now that was believable.... Propaganda.
                      Last edited by RedRed; 21 October 2011, 10:35. Reason: added details of the killing
                      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Key difference: his own people did it, not unlike the more than fitting ends of Saddam Hussein, Benito Mussolini and Nicolae Ceaușescu.

Payback's a B***h.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

In case of Mussolini - there is still successor of fascist party in Italian parliament (Italy also has communist party - Italian politics is a bit weird) and his grand daughter is in politics (she was even in EU parliament, in Italy she's member of Berlusconi's party). Some people there think he wasn't so bad (right-wing politicians admire him, left-wing hate him).

In case of Causescu - the rest of communist party did it and blamed everything on him. After his death another communist resumed power and led Romania from transition.

In case of Saddam - the Shia and US installed puppet government did it.
                          Last edited by UtwigMU; 21 October 2011, 15:24.

Comment

Protests in Syria are growing stronger with people calling to Bashar Assad, you're next.
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                              >
                              In case of Saddam - the Shia and US installed puppet government did it.
                              iraq has a Shi'a majority that was greatly harmed by his rule, so shame on him.

As to "installed" - they had supervised elections, with even Iraqi refugees living here in the Detroit area (a lot) voting in it by way of special polling sites set up around the area. Talk about huge turnouts

Same systems Michigan folks use, and probably the most democratic elections possible.

BTW: the largest Mosque in the US is in this area, and it's Shi'a. They're a valued part of this region, one being Mayor of our neighboring city and a family friend. Judges, county officials, etc.

2005 Iraqi election in Detroit area
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2011, 17:19.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X