Michigan & civilian Tasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan & civilian Tasers

Starting to look like Michigan civilians will soon be able to carry Tasers.

The Senate vote was a lopsided 35-3 and the House is even more prone to such matters, having passed this law last session but the Senate didn't have time to act.

Did seem silly that we can carry .40/.45/.50 cal hand cannons and semi-auto Uzi Pistols on our belt but not a Taser.

Michigan has the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground (AKA Make My Day) laws, so justification for use is pretty much if you're legally somewhere and attacked or see another being attacked it's gloves off - same as with a handgun.

State Senate adds Tasers to concealed-weapons law

Karen Bouffard/ Detroit News Lansing Bureau

Lansing— People who have a concealed pistol license would be allowed to carry a Taser under a package of bills passed in the Senate on Tuesday morning.

Michigan would join 43 other states that allow citizens to carry Tasers if the bill is passed by the House and becomes law. The package passed 35-3 with bipartisan support.

Carrying a stun gun has been banned in Michigan since 1976, with a few exceptions including for police and corrections officers. The package would prohibit a license holder from using a Taser except under circumstances that would justify the use of force.
    >

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...w#ixzz1ZqTe7olr
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 October 2011, 20:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X