Reducing road deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing road deaths

A Swindon traffic engineer considers that most traffic accidents are due to inattention. He reckons that a sure-fire way of concentrating the mind on driving is to have a long sharp spike fixed to the centre of the steering wheel.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Had considered a camera that measured the drivers blink rate. If the value went out of bounds electrodes in the steering wheel would deliver a jolt to wake him/her up
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
      Had considered a camera that measured the drivers blink rate. If the value went out of bounds electrodes in the steering wheel would deliver a jolt to wake him/her up
      Electrodes in the steering wheel would be useless, as one hand is holding the phone to the ear and the other is holding the cup of coffee. This morning, an idiot phoning at the wheel cut across my bows and I had to brake hard. My cornflakes with milk ruined my trousers and splashed across my newspaper propped on the wheel and I dropped my electric razor and it fell into the rest of the milk in my cornflakes bowl.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

That one made me laugh. Thx.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X