Tyan Athlon Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyan Athlon Motherboard

Has anyone tried the new Tyan Athlon board?

IF so ..impressions?

------------------
    Dean
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

If I were doing an Athlon system, I'd really give this board serious consideration. I've bought 4 Tyan boards (GX,BX,NX) over the past 6 months, and they build top-notch stuff. The best thing about them is they have a real tech support number you can call and talk to a real human if you have problems, and without an extended period on hold either. They have a 3(!) year warranty and you can RMA the thing directly to them if you really need to (I found this out the hard way when a vendor shipped me a board with the wrong bios recently.. see the "Boy, Am I Pissed!" thread.)

No one else has near the level of service Tyan does. You might wait though, they are working on the first dual Athlon board, due out this summer. Can you imagine dual Athlons on that Alpha EV6 bus? It's gonna SCREAM!

------------------
    Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I to have had good luck with Tyan boards. I'm currently trying to find a S1564D to replace one in a machine that died due to a faulty power supply. Not having much luck.

I didn't know that they were working on a dual. I was poking about Athlon board listings online and found teh K7Pro interesting and went to Tyans sight and found the S8230? board. Looked good and it isn't badly priced either. haven't found anyone that has used one yet though.

------------------
      Dean
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X