Another Blade Runner film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Blade Runner film

EXCLUSIVE: After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film from the past. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner. He’ll make the film with […]

Director Ridley Scott will revisit the Blade Runner universe in either a prequel or sequel. Production will start after he finishes his current project - primary filming of the Alien prequel Prometheus.

With Scott at the helm again, I'm good with it. Can't wait

I'd like it if he went back and gave us Roy Batty's full backstory. Then again, doing K. W. Jeter's sequel novelization Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human might not be bad either.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 August 2011, 22:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

WOW...Just this morning I was driving to work listening to the Blade Runner soundtrack and thought to myself, will they ever make another Blade Runner movie.

And now I read this, simply amazing

Thanks Doc

Comment

I'm torn, personally. Blade Runner - The Final Cut is my favorite stand-alone SciFi movie of all time. The cast, story, music, effects (for the time) all simply amazing. If that magic is in a new film I'm all for it. Otherwise...I don't know.

Though putting Ridley Scott back at the helm does give me hope. When the rights were sold a few months ago I was very worried, only less worried now.

Best SciFi movie monologue ever:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
      Time to die."
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        >
        Best SciFi movie monologue ever:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.
        Time to die."
        Amen! None even close.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I found out today that the "like tears in rain" bit was adlib on Hauer's part. Hauer is one of my favorite older actors. It's a shame he hasn't been in many good films lately.

Comment

Ridley Scott speaks....

WSJ....

Film director Ridley Scott plans to film a follow-up to his groundbreaking 1982 film, “Blade Runner.”

In an interview, Scott said he is on board to direct a “Blade Runner” follow-up and has been interviewing writers who can help him with the screenplay. Scott says the new project is “liable to be a sequel.”

Scott, 74 years old, recently finished shooting the sci-fi movie “Prometheus” and is an executive producer of a new TV series on Discovery Communications Inc.’s Science Channel, “Prophets of Science Fiction.”

Earlier this year, production company Alcon Entertainment said it was planning a new “Blade Runner” project with Scott at the helm, but it didn’t reveal whether it would be a prequel or sequel to the original film.

“Blade Runner” devotees may not have to wait long for the new movie. “I think I’m close to finding a writer that might be able to help me deliver,” Scott says, “we’re quite a long way in, actually.”

The original film was inspired by sci-fi writer Philip K. Dick’s novel, “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” and told the grim story of Rick Deckard, a “blade runner” who hunts down “replicants” — androids who long to live free lives. Scott says Dick, who he says was “stressed” when he met him, found a romanticism in his pessimism. And similarly, “Blade Runner” didn’t offer a romantic view of the future.

“That’s why I think I was so unpopular” when the film was released, Scott says, because at the core of the film is a story about mortality. “Even though people think it’s a cool Philip Marlowe film with Deckard played by Harrison Ford,” he says, “the film is very much about humanity.”

Scott says the new “Blade Runner” project is moving ahead “not with the past cast, of course.” No Deckard? “No, not really,” he says.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I have an awesome idea for a prequel. I don't see how this could ever meet expectations, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
              X