Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need urgent help recovering files from Canon DC20 DVD-R disc

Hi

A friend needs these files by the weekend to show at a wedding party. The Canon DC20 (mini DVD-R discs) has several scenes on it, but the charger socket is broken. The camera requires the charger to be connected in order to Finalize the disc. As such the disc is not readable elsewhere.

So, I need to extract the scenes on a PC. I have read that ISOBuster will work, and indeed it will read the tracks and show you what it will recover, but it seems you have to pay for it before it will actually do the recovery and my friend would rather avoid that.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony.

PS, FWIW the video is of the wedding which happened last weeek in Verona. This weekend is the main celebration here in the UK and they want to show everyone.
    FT.

Some open heart surgery and I have managed to bypass the DC connector and finalize the disk.

Now I just need to remove a chapter from the DVD and job done...apart from reassembling 100 screws in the camcorder!
    FT.

Comment

I was going to suggest BadCopy Pro. It's what I used on a mini DVD disk out of a Sony camcorder. Almost identical situation. Badcopy pulled the video off an unfinalized disk and I was able to convert them to standard mpeg.

Comment

Thank for the suggestion, will keep it in mind. It looks that that also has to be paid for to actually do the recovery.

Anyway, my friend is extremely happy with the result and a curry is coming my way
        FT.

Comment

Working...
        X