Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting read about Internet and Privacy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read about Internet and Privacy.

Knowledge is power unfortunately.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

no surprise there. Most are not even conscious of the issues their online activity may create. Maybe those who grew up on the Net have a different perspective, blind trust or ignorance, that doesn't care about basic freedom of expression rights.

Comment

I think the generation after us, who grew up with Internet are just oblivious to it all.
      Take away Internet and Smartphones tomorrow and there will be a lot of depressed kiddies.

I'd be happy going out for a walk or a bike ride, and actually going to see people to talk to them.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I also have the impression that the next generation is either oblivious, not sensitive to their privacy or they don't see the issues. It is scary in a way...

Every now and then I google myself just to see what comes up. It is a bit surprising to see newsgroup posts of 15 years ago still show up. Due to my work (scientific research, which involves publishing articles), I have quite a large internet footprint, but so far I'm happy with what it shows.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think it's kind of natural. Many years ago, the world was big and people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Now people live in large cities where people don't even know the person next door. Things are now shifting again, for better and for worse.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
          X