Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IMF chief under fire

French court orders probe of IMF chief Lagarde

PARIS (AP) — A French court on Thursday ordered an investigation into new IMF chief Christine Lagarde's role in a $400 million arbitration deal in favor of a controversial tycoon.

Investigators will open an inquiry this week into possible charges of "complicity to embezzlement of public funds" and "complicity to forgery," prosecutors said.

Lagarde was France's finance minister when magnate Bernard Tapie won a 2008 settlement with a French state-owned bank over the mishandled sale of sportswear maker Adidas in the 1990s. Critics viewed the settlement as an overly generous chunk of taxpayer money handed to a brash businessman.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This is also because Tapie was a fervent 'Pro-Sarkozy' during the elections in 2007.
    C.Lagarde arrived just in time to receive this nice 'present' to sort out, and did what she was told.
    I don't think she's any cleaner than mud, just not with this hot cookie.

Look for a lot of Sh*t-flinging in the coming months up to the Presidential Election, and riots if he gets through again.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
    X