• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship (2012)

Battleship

Trailer....

Studio: Universal

When: May 18, 2012

Director: Peter Berg (Hancock, Friday Night Lights, The Kingdom)

Producer: Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights, Virtuality, Prime Suspect, Lars and the Real Girl)

Screenplay: Reich Hoeber, Jon Hoeber

Synopsis: inspired by the game - A fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins in order to discover and thwart their destructive goals.

Cast-

Adm. Shane: Liam Neeson

Stone Hopper: Alexander Skarsgård

Alex Hopper: Taylor Kitsch

Chief Moore: Josh Pence

Sam: Brooklyn Decker
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 July 2011, 18:31.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Found this -

GeekRant....

>
    The script was written by Jon and Erich Hoeber, and the story has been described as a massive Naval adventure across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. The mission of the aliens is to build a power source in the ocean. Skarsgard will be playing Kitsch’s brother in the film, who happens to be a straight and narrow naval officer. Kitsch play a Naval commander named Alex Hopper, described as "wildly spirited" and "a great seaman but a lousy politician." He idolizes his brother.

Here are a few more details about the movie that we previously posted:

Here is some information that I thought you might find interesting that Berg revealed:

* The aliens agenda is not global domination.

* Their technology is relatable. They fire explosive ballistics, not ray guns or lasers.

* The Captain on the Destroyer (Kitsch) has a team of five guys which consist of the number two in command, the CO, the XO, and a Scotty type character from Star Trek.

* The alien ships are sea based and wont fly even thought they can. They're able to move and sort of leap at different angles, but they're killable.

* The film is likened to The Bridge On the River Kwai. The aliens are trying to build something because they're in trouble and they need a power source.

* The aliens have a similar geological makeup to us and they come from a place that has a similar ecology to ours.

* The famous line, "You sank my battleship!" will be included in the film.

* Some sequences in the film will be done in 3D, and you will be able to see the movie in IMAX.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Looks interesting..
      paulw

Comment

and if it wasnt for the "love story" I'd be really looking forward to this movie
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, at least she's well constructed & not a stick figure
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm wondering why so many alien/sci-fi movies are on such a low intellectual level. I'd guess most people who like sci-fi are intelligent and understand basic physics.

I know I loved movies like this when I was 12 and I can still watch a fun low quality movie and enjoy it knowing not to expect too much, but still, is this the best they can give.

Comment

Working...
            X