Question about the security program ZoneAlarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the security program ZoneAlarm

Howdy all. Here is what I am looking to do. I want to have a DSL line hooked up to my dad's comp, with 2-4 other comps getting internet connectivity from my dad's. I am not entirely sure what software I will use to do this, if you have any suggestion plz send them my way. All comps will be running Win98 SE btw.

Here is my question, will ZoneAlarm protect all the computers on my little LAN, including my dad's comp (the host), from those bad hacker types? If not, is there any programs out there that will? The main reason I want to use ZoneAlarm is because it is free, heh, DSL and networking equipment aren't cheap. Plz keep this in mind when suggesting software ideas. I am just a poor college student after all.

My head just cleared and I thought of the program I will most likely use to distribute access to the net. A program called NAT32. If anyone has used this before, or knows of a better program, please feel free to share.

Comment

i use the internet sharing that comes in win98 SE...i've use sygate and nat32..
      but this comes in win98 (so you don't need another program) ..is easy to use..and work good

Comment

Hey Maynard,

The current version of (free) ZA is not compatible with NAT. You might want to check out SyGate, which is an inet sharing program with basic firewall protection capabilities. I haven't tried it myself, but you can check http://www.arstechnica.com for a review a while back.

Comment

Thanks much. Looks like I will have to stay away from ZoneAlarm. That other program looks like it should do nicely though.

Comment

Working...
          X