SATA HDD Imaging Software Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA HDD Imaging Software Required

I have been using Acronis to image my IDE HDDs but apparently Acronis True Image Home does not work on SATA. I need to be able to save an image and load it back from a rescue CD outside Windows.

I tested Paragon but did'nt work well. There is a way a to make a bootable CD on Acronis that would recognize SATA drives but I'm not aware how it can be done. Acronis help is very much lacking.

Any sugestions for software or how to make a bootable media Acronis CD that would see SATA drives, please ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

What OS are you using? Some versions of Vista/7 have whole system backups (Complete PC Backup) that you can restore from a rescue DVD/flash drive bootup.

Start > Search: Backup and Restore

Create a system image

Do the wizard...

At the end of it you will be prompted to create a recovery disc.

You can then convert it to to a thumb drive you have lying around using this tool:

Shop the latest Microsoft Store online sales and deals at a great price! Get more of what you want for less with deals on Surface, laptops, computers, PCs, Xbox, Gaming, software, and more.

This only works with Microsoft DVDs based on the boot WIM format used in WinPE3/Win7/2008 R2, which the recovery disc falls under.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

WinXP. Thanks anyways. I managed.

Comment

Check the Acronis site for an update.
        They had one for my old version of Disk Director that added SATA compatibility.
        It was a free update.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

After some research, I now know that an addon is required in order to have a choice between full mode or safe mode. The media rescue CD should be burned with both options. After booting with the media rescue CD you will be presented with both options.
          For SATA it is required to use the safe option, which before I did'nt have.

Comment

I generally just use dd or dd_rescue in linux and then expand partition using command prompt in Windows (diskpart).

Comment

Working...
            X