Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I?

Hint: France
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 July 2011, 00:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Looks like something from the CERN laboratory.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Dark matter?

Comment

Antimatter?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What's the matter?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Evildead: would be my first guess, but CERN is in Switersland, the hint is France...

Cheese under a microscope?
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

For many Americans, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Poland, Vatican City are all the same!!!!

Actually the Hadron tunnel IS half in France and half in Switzerland!
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Looks too old for CERN to me.
                I doubt there's too much writing on film by hand going on there.

Radium perhaps?
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                  Looks too old for CERN to me.
                  I doubt there's too much writing on film by hand going on there.

Radium perhaps?
                  SOmething to do with the Curies ?

Link : http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...41tpo1_500.jpg
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                    For many Americans, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Poland, Vatican City are all the same!!!!
                    You mean, there is more than one country in Europe? Since when!?!?!?!?
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

bosun's mate ?
                      Mr. Higgs?

Comment

Anti-aircraft fire Jan. 31, 1941 over Brest, France during WW-II.

Taken from an RAF bombers belly camera. The fine lines are tracer shells, and the broader lines are those of heavier anti-aircraft artillery. Factories and other buildings can be seen below.

Our fathers and grandfathers had big, round brass cahones.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

and a sense of duty before self...

Comment

Isn't it kind of ironic if you look at some of the reasons WW2 was fought for:
                            - To maintain British empire which in 1938 encompassed 23% of World population and largest land of any empire in history. (Wasn't the Hitler the one who wanted to conquer the World?) Not much left, except for rugby and cricket league.
                            - To prevent German hegemony in Europe - Merkel now has a lot of say in EU and Germans own a lot banks and factories. If it could pass through public opinion, she would probably send military to Greece again. Rolls Royce who used to make engines for RAF is owned by BMW who used to make engines for Luftwaffe.
                            - To prevent fall of Soviet union and to prevent eastern Europe escaping from Soviet influence - no longer the case.
                            - To put USA in number one World super power spot. This is still the case but World has become multipolar again.
                            Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 July 2011, 07:21.

Comment

i disagree
                              "
                              Isn't it kind of ironic if you look at some of the reasons WW2 was fought for:
                              - To maintain British empire which in 1938 encompassed 23% of World population and largest land of any empire in history. (Wasn't the Hitler the one who wanted to conquer the World?) Not much left, except for rugby and cricket league.
                              "
                              The British empire was already in long decline, from about the Great War time, if not before. The British weren't the aggressers in this one. Germany was. Britain and France drew a line with Poland.
                              "
                              - To prevent German hegemony in Europe - Merkel now has a lot of say in EU and Germans own a lot banks and factories. If it could pass through public opinion, she would probably send military to Greece again. Rolls Royce who used to make engines for RAF is owned by BMW who used to make engines for Luftwaffe.
                              "
                              Economic hegemony is one thing. Physical aggression and war is on a different level.
                              "
                              - To prevent fall of Soviet union and to prevent eastern Europe escaping from Soviet influence - no longer the case.
                              "
                              Beg you pardon, but no. Britain and others feared what the Soviet regime was up to. Stalin wasn't that different from Hitler. No one had the military resources to compete with the Soviet regime during that time. We had to wait for economic hegemony.
                              "
                              - To put USA in number one World super power spot. This is still the case but World has become multipolar again.
                              "
                              Sorry, no one else but the Soviets and the US had enough resources to compete at the time. Europe and other parts of the world were a wasteland at the end. If the US had not stepped in and provided economic assistance and other means it would have taken a lot longer for recovery.

So where is Italy and Japan in this analysis ?

Comment

Working...
                              X