Another Weird Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Weird Problem

I have just changed my MOBO to a Asus P8P67 Pro and CPU Intel Core i5 2400 Quad Core 3.1GHz Socket 1155.

Using my VideoMate C 500 capture card, I'm getting horizontal lines. See picture.

I have contacted Compro and they have sugested to run a *.bat file "echo slow" while using the capture card. This is stupid, since while it would clear the lines but will effectivly cause picture horizontal jumps.

It appears to me that the processor is too fast for the capture card and is causing this issue. Is anybody using this BOBO, perhaps there is a compromise in the BIOS settings ?
    Attached Files
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Just Guessing ???

OK...I'll take a guess...PCI bus latency??

Are there any compatability flags in the bios for pci addin cards?

Comment

Thanks Chucky,

I have again contacter Compro and they said that there is an incompatibility with the Intel Core ix processors which they know about but can't do anyting about it

"Dear customer,

As our experience, it possibly i3, i5, i7 motherboard uncompatibility issue.
      please try to running attached file - test.bat.
      This bat file will let you CPU C1E busy to see if help."

I have managed to "dig out" an old application, the InterVideo WinDVR 3 which has fixed the problem. This is the only video capturing software that has given good results.

Comment

Did they say which cards are affected?
        I have an E900f which I plan to put in an i5 or i7 computer... The card is PCIe though...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

VJ,
          I would ask the if I were you. The reply pretty quick.

Comment

Would disabling C1E state in bios help?

Comment

I do'nt have the card pluged in at the moment but I'll give it a try when I plug the card in again .

Comment

Working...
              X