Space invaders (201x)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space invaders (201x)

IF they are smart they will option the 1980 novel "Invader" by Albert F. Hill (North Avenue Irregulars) and David C. Hill (via Jove Pub.) This paperback was fairly smart, not too long, and while obviously based on the video game not slavishly so and with a big twist at the end.

We'll see....

Amazon has a few used copies of Invader for pennies if anyone's interested. Sadly, it's been out of print for years.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Odd Lot Entertainment’s Gigi Pritzker have teamed up to option the rights to the classic 1980s arcade game and are now on the hunt for a writer.

Get ready for the Space Invaders movie.

The classic 1980s arcade game from Taito and Midway, which is ranked as the top arcade game of all time by Guinness World Records, is heading to the big screen courtesy of producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Odd Lot Entertainment’s Gigi Pritzker.

The two have teamed up to option the rights and develop the project and are now on the hunt for a writer to come up with a story.
    >
    For di Bonaventura, Space Invaders is the latest of a string of projects based on 80s touchstones. He is a producer on the Transformers and G.I. Joe movies, both based on popular Me Decade toys. And he is developing Asteroids, based on the classic arcade game, and a remake of 1989's Pet Sematary.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wow. They're really going to need some good writers to come up with stories based on Space Invaders and Asteroids .

What about a 'Paperboy' film ?
    Chuckie Egg ?
    Bounty Bob Strikes back ?
    Jet Set Willy ? (I think there is actually one in the works lol)
    Spindizzy ?

That should keep them going for a few years
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

You're missing the most obvious one. The one most likely to become a summer blockbuster. The one that will introduce the most delicious tie-ins...

I'm talking about BURGER TIME!

“And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Burger time! I used to play that ages ago. BTW, there is a remake...in 3D!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X