Hugo Chavez has cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugo Chavez has cancer

Best guess is either colon or prostate. Sounds like late stage too.

ABC News....

Chavez Says He's Fighting Cancer After Surgery

Venezuela's Hugo Chavez reveals he's fighting cancer after surgery in Cuba to remove tumor

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez revealed Thursday night that he is fighting cancer after having a tumor removed in Cuba, but assured his countrymen that he is doing well as he sought to cool growing questions about his health and ability to govern.

Chavez said in a televised talk that the operation took out a growth in which there were "cancerous cells." The 56-year-old president said the surgery was done after an initial operation nearly three weeks ago for the removal of a pelvic abscess.

He called his situation "this new battle that life has placed before us."

Noticeably thinner and paler after his surgeries, Chavez read from a prepared speech with a sad and serious expression. He stood at a podium, flanked by the Venezuelan flag and a portrait of 19th century independence hero Simon Bolivar, the namesake of his Bolivarian Revolution political movement.

Chavez didn't say what type of cancer was found or give any details on the treatment he is receiving. He said it was a mistake not have taken better care of his health through medical checkups.

"What a fundamental error," he said.

Chavez also didn't say how much longer he expected to remain in Cuba recovering, and there was no information on when or where his message was recorded.

His appearance came after government efforts, including Tuesday's release of photos and video showing Chavez with Fidel Castro, had failed to quell growing speculation among Venezuelans about his health.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This reporter has been told that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive cancer that has "entered the end stage". The information and the quote come from a highly respected source close to Chavez and who is in a position to know his medical condition and history. This source says the prognosis is dire and that Chavez is now not expected to live "more than a couple of months at most." Chavez is running for re-elec tion in Venezuela but several sources--including the one who revealed the exact kind of cancer-- have told me that they believe it is doubtful the dictator will live to see the results.

Chavez's cancer has 'entered the end stage'

A special report from Dan Rather, anchor and managing editor of HDNet's Dan Rather Report

By Dan Rather | HDNet – 14 hrs ago

This reporter has been told that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive cancer that has "entered the end stage". The information and the quote come from a highly respected source close to Chavez and who is in a position to know his medical condition and history. This source says the prognosis is dire and that Chavez is now not expected to live "more than a couple of months at most." Chavez is running for re-elec tion in Venezuela but several sources--including the one who revealed the exact kind of cancer-- have told me that they believe it is doubtful the dictator will live to see the results.

Voting is scheduled for October 7th. Chavez has been treated three times in Cuba but the exact kind of cancer has been a closely guarded state secret.

Reporter's note: There is only one source for identifying the cancer and for the prognosis quoted in the first part of the above story. This is a person whom your reporter has very good reason to trust, but you should know that there is only one source so far; no other immediate confirmation. All sources asked for and were granted anonymity because to reveal their names could place them in danger or, at the very least cost them their positions.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I thought Chavez was president for life. Why is he running for reelection?
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X