Comic artist Gene Colan @84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic artist Gene Colan @84

One more of the great ones gone. His dynamic style gave life to both DC and Marvel titles in the Silver Age....

AP....

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comic book artist Gene Colan, whose career spanned seven decades and chronicled the adventures of characters like Dracula, Batman, Daredevil and the wise-cracking fowl Howard the Duck, has died in the Bronx at age 84.

Longtime friend and biographer Clifford Meth told The Associated Press that Colan died late Thursday at Calvary Hospital from complications of liver disease and cancer. Funeral details were not available, but Meth said it would be a private gathering.

Colan's impact on the industry was undeniable, developing a style both subtle and emotional that imbued the characters he drew with a sense of vitality that seemed to leap off the pages.

"He had developed a signature style by the late 1960s that people just loved," said Meth, whose book "Perverts, Pedophiles & Other Theologians" was illustrated by Colan.

Colan's art was a staple of the Silver Age era of comics, and his 70-issue run on "The Tomb of Dracula" that was written by Marv Wolfman in the 1970s remains critically lauded for returning horror to the pages of comics>

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 June 2011, 12:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Great Pics Dr, but a bit HUGE
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Fixed. Linked to it from my phone & didn't realize the cover one was 1800 wide til now because it scales everything
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X