Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online purchase question

Hello,

A few days ago I ordered some hardware and a NAS in a webshop in Germany... I'm sure the NAS was wrongly priced (ridiculously low, 20x lower than the normal price), so I added and decided to wait to see how it would play out. The order is finalized and paid for.

Now I got an email saying that the NAS is no longer available and cannot be delivered, and they ask me how I want to proceed.

What can I do at this point? What are my rights? Can I request a valid alternative for the same price or not? The NAS I ordered was labeled LG N2B1-2TB. They have similar models that seem to have the exact same specifications, but that carry a different name (and different article number).
    What would you guys do?
    (the shop is in Germany)

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 17 June 2011, 14:14.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

In the US, there are consumer protection laws for false advertising. Not sure about Germany. There is also the issue about cross border, so EU laws may have impact. You could ask them to sell you a similar box at their cost - that way no one loses too much. Or you could just ask a refund, and accept that you were trying to get something for almost nothing even after you thought it was a mistake and tried to game the system. That would be the honorable way out.

BTW, how is the electrician working out ?

Comment

Originally posted by degrub View Post
      In the US, there are consumer protection laws for false advertising. Not sure about Germany. There is also the issue about cross border, so EU laws may have impact.
      We have similar laws here, both at country levels and at EU levels. In the passed, if this happened, the companies had to sell the item at the advertised price. But I don't know how it goes if the product is no longer available. The product is still listed on the (German) LG website as "current", with links to webshops...

Originally posted by degrub View Post
      You could ask them to sell you a similar box at their cost - that way no one loses too much. Or you could just ask a refund, and accept that you were trying to get something for almost nothing even after you thought it was a mistake and tried to game the system. That would be the honorable way out.
      Selling a similar box at their expense would make them loose much, the difference is REALLY big. And my first feeling is also to not push too hard: I made a gamble and may have lost.

I'll send them that it is on the LG website, and just ask them to double check...

BTW, how is the electrician working out ?
      Slow... (I'll update the other thread)
      pixar

Comment

If they have taken your money then they have entered in to a contract and are legally obliged to fulfil it.

You could fight and fight and fight for it...

However, are are all honourable in Murc land, and you should probably ask for a refund of that part of the order

Cheers,

T.
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
          Hello,

A few days ago I ordered some hardware and a NAS in a webshop in Germany... I'm sure the NAS was wrongly priced (ridiculously low, 20x lower than the normal price), so I added and decided to wait to see how it would play out. The order is finalized and paid for.

Now I got an email saying that the NAS is no longer available and cannot be delivered, and they ask me how I want to proceed.

What can I do at this point? What are my rights? Can I request a valid alternative for the same price or not? The NAS I ordered was labeled LG N2B1-2TB. They have similar models that seem to have the exact same specifications, but that carry a different name (and different article number).
          What would you guys do?
          (the shop is in Germany)

Jörg
          I'm aware of results of similar lawsuits in the EU. The verdict of those lawsuits was that the online reseller does not need to sell you the product if the advertised price is clearly incorrect (much lower than it should be, and due to an error)

Comment

Just in case you were wondering: I asked them to cancel the NAS and ordered some additional things.
            pixar

Comment

Comment

I was disappointed to see that the price of the switch I ordered dropped 20 euro between the time I ordered it and the time of the issues... In retrospect, I should have used the fact that the one item was not there to cancel the whole order and just place it again.

Somehow it would have been a nice gesture of them to also review the prices...
                Last edited by VJ; 7 July 2011, 05:26.
                pixar

Comment

were you happy with the price when you ordered it ?

Comment

I know.. I'm complaining over nothing...
                    pixar

Comment

Working...
                    X