American Gods (HBO series!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gods (HBO series!)

HBO has ordered up a 6 season adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Hugo and Nebula award winning novel American Gods.

Playtone, Tom Hanks company, will produce. Gaiman and cinematographer Robert Richardson (Inglorious Basterds, Shutter Island, Kill Bill 1/2) will do the adaptation. HBO has said that they will be doing more special effects than in TV history, and given the material they'll have to.

AG is a quite complex fantasy that should be a scream. The basic setup from Wiki -

The central precept of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them. Immigrants to the United States brought with them dwarves, elves, leprechauns, and other spirits and gods. However, the power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs wane. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among others.
    >
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 June 2011, 20:42.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Awesome! I love that book. Maybe they'll do an Anansi Boys series if this one does well.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

hopefully not. american gods was nicely dark, but anansi boys just felt cheesy.

mfg
      w
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

True, but it was funny cheesy.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X