funky K7M - g400Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funky K7M - g400Max

I've got everything I need to build my latest dream machine but I'm having a few problems.

I have an asus k7m motherboard (with onboard audio)and an Athalon 650 - 256MB pc100 CAS 2 memory (2 sticks, only using 1 so far), a maxtor 40GB drive, internal zip and a g400 max using irq 11. My power supply is 250W and on AMD's approved list. I'm running win98se. I've also tried a 300W power supply with the same results.

When I first power up the computer it does not always start - everything spins up but usually I have to hit the reset button a number of times before the bios actually kicks in and takes over. Also I've loaded the 5.52 drivers and now the computer locks up at the win98 splash screen.

Also I usually get some sort of NVRAM error message such as "Checking NVRAM - Update Failed - No NVRAM" at startup.

Any insight would be much appreciated - thanks.

There is an "issue" with the K7M with the bios that it is shipped with, that means it does not like some PS2 Keyboards, making you press reset after turning it on to get it going.

You have a few options,

a new keyboard - such as a USB one

Update the bios

A big source of info for the K7M is www.slota.com then goto the message board and search back through the tech support and motherboard forums

------------------
    Athlon 500@707 (This puppy is quite fast)

Comment

Working...
    X