Oh no, NV15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, NV15

Just found this 'info' on the upcomeing NVidia NV15 and NV11.
    Take note of the part I have highlited.

According to the close source of Nvidia, NV15 is going to be 3 times faster than current GeForce256(NV10)
    The source told us that NV11 is at least 1.5 x faster than NV10 and it is targeted at budget customer solutions against NV15. NV11 has 2 texel/pixel, 2 pixel/clock rendering pipeline structure and supports both SDR & DDR SDRAMs. Memory clock of SDR SDRAM version of NV11 will be 166MHz.

As an option, NV11 card with additional DAC can do dual display like G400's DH.

In this case, primary displays at 2048x1536 @60MHz, secondary displays at 1600x1200 @100 is feasible.

NV15 will be 3 times faster than GeForce256 with 400MHz of DDR SDRAM. It has 2 texel/pixel, 4 pixel/clock rendering pipeline structure and supports 720P HDTV. NV15 can be configured with SCA(Scalable Cooperative Architecture) that 1 AGP + 1 Virtual AGP(PCI) can be set. 90 frames / second at 2048 x 1536 x 32bit color is expected, the source said. This chip will be manufactured with 0.18 micron process and will be available in late spring.

High-end version of NV15, NV15GL will be released also. NV15GL card will have 128MB of DDR SDRAM(400MHz) and uses AGP Pro 4x interface.

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me, 90fps at 2048X1536 32-bit, hmmm in a game of checkers right?
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

LOL

Marketing hype ... I only believe those specs when actual cards hit the street and match their advertisements ...

And the Glaze2400 does 2.4 GTexels ... up my arse ...

And the G1.6k will have 4 360MHz RAMDACs to feed 4 displays at 2048x1536x32bpp @ 85Hz ...
      and does 1.6 GTexels per screen ...

Hypa hypa ... yada yada ...

BUT:

Thanx for the dig, Mark !!!

It was surely good to read and the more info comes pouring in, the clearer gets the picture about upcoming possibilities.

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maniac, the 90 frames/sec at 2048x1536x32 may be the refresh rate, not 3D gaming. This will be interesting...

Comment

You guys forgot the part of the article that says your house needs to be wired with 25 amp cables and that you need to be within 18000 feet of a power substation to power the external power supply on it.

Jammrock

------------------
          Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Personally, I like the part that says that the NV11 is faster, yet somehow will still be <u>cheaper</u>... or should I say, "targeted at budget customer solutions"???

One does wonder what kind of budget they imagine such a "budget customer" has...

----------------------------------
            Holly

Comment

Sure. TNT1 was faster than V2 SLI, like everybody could see when it was released.

Comment

LAMFDTK,

The Biostar is a pretty good board. It is the only Athlon board that I have personally used so I cannot compare it to anything. The BIOS is not as intuative as ASUS or Abit BIOS's, but it does the job okay. It lacks RAM tweaks (i.e. RAS/CAS settings, etc.) in the BIOS which is very annoying, but it has full IRQ control and a working ACPI controller for Win2k. There are a bunch of nice boot-up options, too.

My G400 32 MB DH works fine with the newest BIOS @ 2x AGP. The only incompatibility with my hardware was my RAM. The AMD IDE drivers and AGP miniport work flawlessly.

It is a full sized ATX board, so you will need at least a mid-tower to put it in. The power plug is very close to the DIMM's (there are only 3 DIMM's, but I have never used more than 3 so I don't care) but this leaves a HUGE gap inbetween the CPU and the power cable for a heatsink.

That about covers it. If you want to know more send me an email.

Jammrock

------------------
                Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I love this stuff....
                  I think i figured out why nVIDIA and 3dfx start hyping thier products months before there release. So all the little kids can start bugging their parents and by the time the product is on the streets the kids have worn thier parents down to the point that the parents buy them the damn vid card to shut them up!

Crap, i need to start bugging someone about a G450 and G800... j/k i need to start working to get some money for my G450!

------------------
                  PIII 450 @ 504
                  generic BX motherboard
                  G400 MAX : )
                  GlobalWin VOS32!
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                  Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                  Creative 36x CD-ROM
                  96 megs PC100 RAM
                  128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
                  NetGear 10/100
                  Soundblaster 32 AWE
                  Diamond SupraExpress 56k
                  Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                  1 92mm Sunon Fan
                  4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Oh, so now the monitor is going to be the bottleneck right? NOT!

------------------
                    Celeron 366@567 2.2V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Who cares.... Until they can put out a card that doesn't give users headaches after looking at it's lousy 2d I for one will not be buying. Then again I did fall for the TNT2 hype when they came out. But luckily the G400 was out a few months later and I got my eyesight back. Nvidia sucks and always will. Faster doesn't necessarily mean better. Dualhead on an Nvidia card, now that would be total hell, 2 opportunities to blind their customers. No thanks.
                      PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

Not so quick to condemn nvidia for less than spectacular Matrox quality video signal. The board manufacturers have a lot of impact on how good it will actually look. And there is a wide degree of quality difference amongst the various nvidia board manufacturers. nvidia does not make their own boards, yet, but I suspect that that will be in their future in 2 or 3 years.

Regardless, Matrox is the king of video quality.

Comment

Working...
                        X