Thor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor

Watched Thor today. Fun movie. The romance bits were kind of overacted, but then I've never been convinced Portman can act that particular part well. Talented as she is, she doesn't do falling in love well.

Loved Asgard! That was some of the best scene design (even though it was CG) in a fantasy film.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I enjoyed it a lot.

Did you stay for the cookie at the end of the credits?

Also; the archer in the crane gondola when Thor was fighting the SHIELD agents was Hawkeye, who will also be in The Avengers.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 May 2011, 22:22.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Did Stan Lee make an appearance?

Can't wait to see it.

Comment

yup, he makes an apperance as usual, this time you could say he puts the hammer down
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Saw it in 3D - better than most. The 3D trailer for Captain America was also shown, and was even better. Damn, that looks like it's gonna be good too.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

So how does this rate out of 10? Is it worth watching?

Considering I watched 2 great plays in theatre this week - one of them was Shining 2 and when Jack with an axe comes out of total darkness 1m (3') from you i was kind of spooked, should I bother with Thor?

Comment

Thor was great fun. Definitely worth watching.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                I enjoyed it a lot.

Did you stay for the cookie at the end of the credits?

Also; the archer in the crane gondola when Thor was fighting the SHIELD agents was Hawkeye, who will also be in The Avengers.
                Picked out Hawkeye, didn't stay for credits. Missed the credit cookie, what happened?

Thor was one of the better comic book movies. Best one I've seen since the first Iron Man. Would have been better if the romance wasn't so damn cheesy. My wife kept laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                  Would have been better if the romance wasn't so damn cheesy. My wife kept laughing.
                  Took my son to see it and even he kept saying, "Come on, really?!" during the "romantic" scenes.

He also picked up on Hawkeye right off when he opted for arrows instead of bullets.
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                    Picked out Hawkeye, didn't stay for credits. Missed the credit cookie, what happened?
                    Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård) is being led down this dark corridor where he meets SHIELD commander Nick Fury. Fury opens a case, and inside is a glowing cosmic cube. He then offers Selvig the job of researching the cube to discover how to use its infinite energy. Part way through you see Loki reflected in the background, feeding Erik his lines subliminally.

IMO this gives us a partial hint as to the events in The Avengers. The other villains working with Loki are now known to be the shapeshifting Skrull, who have been known to infiltrate the superhero ranks with their abilities. Can you say Secret Invasion?

It's unknown if the Kree or other enemies of the Skrull get involved.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 May 2011, 21:47.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Nice. I should have stayed for that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X