Another K7-M Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another K7-M Question

I just installed a Asus K7-M with a 650 on it, 128 mb 133mhz cas2, a g-400 32mb DH, and a maxtor 5400rpm 40 gig. With the default bios settings, i noticed that my system was running like complete crap, UT was goin about 15fps in 640x480, you get the idea. Anyhoo I decided to try the bios' "optimal setup" preset, and tried again, and everything started running good, not exceptionally good or anything but i got 2391 in 3D Mark and about 30fps in just about every resolution in UT and Q3. This still doesnt seem right to me. Then, just for kicks i ran the FSB at 110mhz, and it reverted back to its original slow as hell state... Can someone pinpoint whats goin on in my bios for me? If it matters to anyone, i simply reinstalled windows (didnt format) but im pretty damn sure i got rid of all the old drivers. Its not just a frame rates issue either, even seti@home runs like crap without that optimal setup preset. My best guess so far is its cache related, but even then i don't understand whats goin on, so what do you guys think?
Working...
X