A Good Free Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Free Media Player

Here's a good media player (PotPlayer) I came across. I also uploaded some of the best skins I found.

Enjoy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Debbie; 7 May 2011, 01:27.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

What is the name of the player?

I personally like MPC-HC...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

That or VLC

Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I just wonder: is this thread really started by Debbie?

It sounds like some spam possibility: a post in a forum, hinting at a software and suggesting to download a file from megaupload... If the post were by a new user, nobody would trust it. Debbie is a forum regular, so that changes things.... Maybe I'm being paranoid, but is there a chance this is a fake posting or that the forum has been hacked somehow?
        pixar

Comment

Sorry guys. I forgot to give you the name. It is PotPlayer. Yes I have started this thread. I have uploaded the player for a friend and thought perhaps some of you here will be interseted.
          I guarantee it's clean. Im using it myself
          Last edited by Debbie; 7 May 2011, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            I think it is much better than VLC. At least in my opinion. For DVDs I'm using the Madshi ( hotkey V ) video renderer, with keyboard hotkeys navigation.
            Last edited by Debbie; 7 May 2011, 01:36.

Comment

I'm still using BSPlayer for video (nice with subtitles) and Foobar2000 for audio and managing playlists on my two iPods.

Comment

Great to hear you started it, Debbie! Sorry for being paranoid...

Interesting:
                PotPlayer is a free multimedia player with plenty of features and rich customization. No need to install different codecs all the time when using the player.

Potplayer is by the same author as KMPlayer and is considered an advanced version of it.

Might be worth a try... but I'll also give BSPlayer a go: I always have issues with poorly synchronized subtitles with MPC-HC. But I also need DXVA support...
                pixar

Comment

No problem VJ. It's better to be safe than sorry ! It's the only player I'm using.

Comment

Working...
                  X