Monitor switchers that are digital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor switchers that are digital?

Or, at least decent? All I have seen really arent designed for monitors.. just analog switch boxes with a 2 position, 15 pole, switch.. total crap.

Makes the picture look like total junk.

Are there ones that do the switching via digital means? Or, something that wont degrade signal quality?

I want one so I dont have to swap between the TV-out cable and my second monitor cable.. itd be cool to just have a box and switch inbetween easilly when I reboot.

Thanks!
    Abit BX6 Rev.1
    Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
    192 meg RAM, CAS2
    13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
    6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
    HP8110i 4x2x24
    Pioneer DVD-104
    SB Live! 1024
    USB ZIP 100
    G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
    Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
    YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

The problem is possibly with the extra cables necessary to connect the switch box to your computer. Any extra connections and cable length has the possibility of degrading your signal. Use the best available cables.

You may also be able to find a better quality switch box with gold contacts. There are undoubtably better quality switches you can buy and substitute into the box. Try:
    http://www.newark.com/

Also, I don't think the switchs you are using are analog switches. They just make connections between circuits. This is independent of whether there is digital information or analog information in the circuit.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 27 February 2000).]

Comment

I don't think that analog v. digital is an appropriate distinction here. Brian has it right, it's just wiring.

What you see is the result of crappy shielding, and excessive wires. Go over to http://www.slashdot.org/ Then search for switch boxes. They had a big discussion on it not too long ago.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
      X