Candidate for Darwin Award!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidate for Darwin Award!

A 40-YEAR-OLD man from Limassol has been in intensive care since Sunday after being electrocuted while trying to retrieve a kite from an electricity pylon.

The incident happened in early afternoon, when the 40-year-old was at a friend’s home in Limassol and one of the children’s kites became entangled in an Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) pylon.

When they failed to set it free, the man decided to fetch a ladder, scale the pylon and untangle it with a metal pole, resulting in his electrocution. He lost his balance and subsequently fell from the pylon.

The 40-year-old was rushed to Limassol General Hospital, where he was still in intensive care yesterday.

According to his doctors, the 40-year-old suffered fractures on various parts of his body, as well as pneumothorax – an accumulation of air in the space between the lung and chest wall, causing the lung to collapse. They yesterday added he would be kept in ICU for observation as he was suffering from heart arrhythmia, but that his condition was serious and not critical.

Moni Police are investigating the reasons behind the accident.
    Incredible!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Metal pole to get a kite back from an electric cable.
    He'll only get the award if he dies. I think thats an obligation for a Darwin .
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

If it were in a film he could be eligible for the WTF Award - embodied by the Frank (the telepathic 7 foot rabbit in Donnie Darko)

Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Not eligible if he's already reproduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
          Metal pole to get a kite back from an electric cable.
          He'll only get the award if he dies. I think thats an obligation for a Darwin .
          I thought the obligation was to render oneself inable to reproduce...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I thought it was showing signs of negative evolution, as in you have to be soooo stupid in your train of thoughts that death ensues, against all current logic and understanding.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

No, for sure the person must do something that takes him out of the evolution chain...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                I thought it was showing signs of negative evolution, as in you have to be soooo stupid in your train of thoughts that death ensues, against all current logic and understanding.
                The guy may not have been very understanding or logical, but he found the current part of it. Maybe it burnt off his zizi to break the evolution chain.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Nah. This one deserves the award . He's dead

"The father of a 2-year-old girl was electrocuted after climbing a power pylon.

Kheirrson Pukeroa fell the height of three storeys after touching an 11,000 volt line in Pokeno, south of Auckland, on March 13.

It is understood a tool for cutting copper was found at the base of the 20m pylon.

But Pukeroa's partner, Tracey Hopa, said the 21-year-old had been having a race to the top with her cousin Ivan Smith.

"Kheirrson was afraid of heights. I had told him Ivan was scared of heights so they were egging each other on to see who was brave enough to get to the top."

Hopa said Pukeroa was too adventurous."

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
                  paulw

Comment

Working...
                  X