Space Shuttle retirement museums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Shuttle retirement museums

NASA has announced the museums where retired Space Shuttles will be displayed -

Enterprise: USS Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, NYC

Atlantis: Kennedy Space Center, Florida

Endeavour: California Science Center, Los Angeles

Discovery: Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 April 2011, 11:47.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It was mentioned on Gizmodo: Houston should have one... Nobody says Los Angeles, we have a problem...

I just feel so many achievements seem in such a distant past... No more Concorde, no more dives like the Trieste, no more men on the moon, no more Space Shuttle (and no real replacement at this time), ...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

VJ - google the term "TR3-B". There is very high probability that this thing is real, has been described, photographed and can be seen on Googleearth in Australia.

Comment

Yes, but that is just speculation... I mean, the endeavors I listed happened in public view... It is just like we are no longer pushing the boundary...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

TR-B = Aurora = several types of test aircraft encompassing more than one type, and including at least one airship, based on their delta (triangular) or flying wing configurations Some are still under test, some are now known but weren't in the 80's when this started (B2, F-117, etc.) and some are still or were black. Current spacecraft in this category include Dream Chaser (the former HL-20) and Prometheus, both CCDev2 candidates.

The program that caused the most public uproar is FALCON, a DARPA umbrella project that included a series of hypersonic test vehicles (HTV's) with space aspirations, the most notable called BlackSwift. It was canceled (or went super-black) in 2009. A lot of observers think X-37B, Dream Chaser, the development of the UK Skylon/SABRE tech etc. made it redundant.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X