The Justice League (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Justice League (2013)

Info is scarce, but this much is known or strongly hinted. It seems Warner wants to integrate their major characters like Marvel has with Avengers, but not necessarily as prequels. As such a new series of Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc. flicks would commence after the JL film and blended into the universe being established by the new Green Lantern and Superman films.

Studio: Warner/Legendary Pictures

When: summer 2013

Budget: >250M, a tentpole film

Director: ??

Producer: Christopher Nolan & team (YES!!!!)

Cast-

Superman: Henry Cavill (strongly hinted it's in his Sups contract)

Batman: ?? (to be re-cast as an older more experienced Bats, but with Nolan guiding the process)

Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds (strongly hinted it's in his GL contract)

Wonder Woman: ?? - whoever is cast for the post-JL WW film

Flash: ?? - whoever is cast for the post-JL Flash film

Rest: TBD
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 March 2011, 15:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

While I really liked Bale as Batman, I can see them wanting someone else to play the role in a JL film and subsequent Batman movies. Bale has already proved to be resistent to the more unrealistic or seemingly silly aspects of the comics (e.g. no Robin or he quits), and he isn't exactly known as a team player most of the time.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Recently Bale has sounded open to a 4th film, but his Bats is more akin to the Year One chronology while Warner & Nolan are heading to an older, more experienced version in a later universe. That and, as you said, a Superman/Green Lantern etc. storyline is outside of Bale's reality comfort zone.

Next cast question is how, or if, to portray Aquaman? If done the way Arthur Curry was done in Smallville, nearly an eco-terrorist & very tough with his wife Mera as his co-conspirator, the story could work.

The green and gold outfits he preferred were reflective of where he got his degree in marine biology - the colors of the University of Miami.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 March 2011, 19:10.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X