Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 with A3D problem

Hello,

When I play Q3A with A3d enabled, Q3A occationally quits and kicks me back to the desktop with the weird color. If I don't enable it, the game is rock solid. I thought it was something wrong with my previous system setup (Celeron + notorious BX6 2.0). But I recently upgraded it to Athlon + K7M, the problem still exists. Then I suspected the problem of the driver from Aureal. But I tried the previous and the latest one, both are still not solving the problem. Could someone give me a hand here?

K7M v1.04
    Athlon 550 not overclocked
    128MB Cosair PC133 ECC SDRAM
    G400 MAX
    Aureal SQ2500
    Antec 303 300W Powersupply
    Quantum CX 13G
    Tekram DC390U
    TEAC 532S 32X CD
    Pioneer 103A 6X DVD
    Iomega internal SCSI Zip
    I want the T&L in my G400!

Have you contacted Aureal about the problem? And if you're running Win2000 I would not at all be surprised...

Jon
    My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
    Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Hi

I have noticed that alot of people are having problems with Vortex 2 based sound cards on the Athlon platform.
      It propably stems from the PCI implementation i think since there is problems with the AGP implementation on Athlon motherboards and it is not he chipset since the MSI 6167 seems not to exhibit the same behaviour as most of the other Athlon motherboards.

I by the way have the same problem with my Xitel storm Platinum - which actually is exactly the same board as the SQ2500 - with some different features such as Optical out instead of Co-axcial.
      But do not let me bore you

I have only been told thet the only solution is to change to a non vortex 2 product such as a sound blaster live - but that is sad - or in some cases i heard that it works fine on the MSI 6167 - i have also personally tested it on one such board and it worked fine.

However this was using a Savage 4 32Mb and some other components.
      I am still looking for a solution to this problem my self since i own a K7M and am awaiting the K7Pro.
      I'll hold thumbs for you if you hold yours for me
      hehehe
      good luck
      You all may think this is not important.
      BUT IT IS AMATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!

Comment

I just want to clarify that it doesn't work on EITHER of my old Abit BX6 2.0 + Celeron or Asus K7M + Athlon 550. So I think it might be something else other than the SlotA motherboard causing the problem.

Comment

Yes Yes Yes i hear you
          But i have tested it on a Gigabyte BXE ,Bx2000,G6BA,GA5AA and it worked fine.

It aldo gave me probs with the Gigabyte GA5AX board.

Seems like all the nice board crap up.
          hehehe
          Hope you get a solution

I also spoke to Rockstar in #A3D on efnet irc and he owns a Xitel storm platinum with an athlon and he confirmed my belief.
          It works on the MSI 6167 motherboard.

Comment

ok...thanks... I am really pleased with the experience that A3D brought, but just couldn't stand it keeps kicking me out of the game.......sigh...

Comment

I get an annoying blue screen in Xwing Alliance if I have 3D sound enabled when entering a mission. Real Pi*&off! But Q3 works fine(except for a slowdown) Gonna try a couple o things and If I get it, Ill post.

------------------
              AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.5010, 1 grey cat, one black cat and one calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Well i am back.
                I tested it again on exactly the same system as yours but with Infineon PC133 RAM using the latest bios 1008,drivers for the G400 5.52 and the ref drivers from Aureal 2048 , the latest AGP miniport v4.5 found om MSI's site and the problems allmost stopped.

I mean it is 99,99999% gone.
                Try it.

Comment

Working...
                X