Conan the Rebootarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conan the Rebootarian

A powerful Cimmerian warrior, Conan (Jason Momoa) carves a bloody path across the land of Hyboria on a personal vendetta. That soon turns into a an epic battle against evil, for Conan's mortal enemy, Khalar Zym (Stephen Lang), seeks the legendary Mask of Acheron. The artifact will enable Khalar Zym to raise his wife from the dead and achieve immortality for himself, but it will also unleash a malevolent force upon the land, and only Conan and his companions can stop it.

Known for: Aquaman, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, The Bad Batch

Maybe it's just my love for the old Ahnold version, or the fact that I think the guy looks goofy with the make-up, but I am not impressed. Conan is played by Jason Momoa, who is playing Khal Drogo in the Game of Throne television series. Which start April 17th I might add.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Well he may not have the stage presence of Arnie, but maybe he can act....

But I guess theres not much acting invloved in a Connan movie anyway.

(yes and I have em all)

Comment

He was decent enough on Stargate Atlantis. I'd even be willing to bet that it was his character on Atlantis that helped him land this role.

Regardless, Conan he is not. I think the problem is that there are so few actors that have a build like Arnold did/does and that can act. Granted Arnold couldn't really act, but he sold his performance and generally people enjoyed it.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

More interested in Game of Thrones than this
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

They say Conan the Barbarian, I see prince of persia?
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
          X