Looking for a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new car

Here is what I'm kinda thinking (all used of course, I couldn't afford a new one):

Subaru Outback (third generation 2005-2009) with 3.0L.
    Volvo XC 70
    Audi Allroad
    McLaren MP4-12C

I'm leaning towards the Outback. I think it would be the most reliable. They are all similarly priced (one is a bit more $).

Thoughts or any other suggestions?
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

here are my suggestions in sequence

1-McLaren MP4-12C - Go for it!!!
    2-Subaru Outback - but get a newer one, my 2000 Forrester is the shits, however it served it's purpose and is still going strong (aside from the rust and oil leaks)
    3-Volvo XC 70 - only because it's better than Audi from a maintenance cost perspective
    4-Audi Allroad - Audi is considered the most expensive car to fix out of warranty.

Comment

McLaren MP4
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, I guess I'll put myself on a waiting list for the MP4-12C and in the meantime start looking for Outbacks.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Atta boy
          Make sure you come to Toronto in your shiny new McLaren and take me for a spin You should be able to make the trip in less that 3 hours flat

Comment

Nooo not an Outback...

I drive over them all the time because for some reason Outback and Forester drivers always want to drive in the left (fast lane) about 10 miles per hour under the speed limit.

Every time there is a jam in the left lane it's some Outback driver/ Earth Muffin with plastic flowers attached to their friggn roof rack driving 10-15 miles under the speed limit......
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Not in Canada hehe, we drive 20 Kms over the speed limit on average.

Comment

Slow pokes. Ever drive 696 westbound from Detroit to 275? Going 85-90 mph on it would get you tire tracks on your roof
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 March 2011, 22:47.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Got my Outback!

2009 3.0R Limited
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is that the flat six ?
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Yes. Really quick. Not great on gas, but oh well. They don't offer the diesel here.

Comment

If it comes to an Outback get a Forester. it's a better car.
                        Unless you need a very slightly larger car that's not as good, but more expensive.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Congrats, is the one you got made in Japan (Subaru is one of rare cars which are still only made there)?

Comment

I think it's made in the US.

Comment

N. American Outbacks are made in Lafayette, Indiana.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X